Advanced Practitioner Careers
Working independently and in collaboration with our physicians, you will perform physical exams, order and interpret diagnostic testing, order and perform procedures, prescribe medications, coordinate care and provide education to colleagues, patients and their families.
We are one of the region’s leading employers of Advance Practice Clinicians with exceptionally skilled professionals who provide vital support to such areas as:
- MedStar Heart & Vascular Institute – Highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and associated with the Cleveland Clinic, the institute has received the highest rating by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for seven years in a row. We provide an Advanced Heart Failure program including Heart Transplant and LVAD programs.
- Comprehensive Stroke Center – Ours is the first and only in the Washington, D.C. region to receive Stroke Center designation.
- MedSTAR Trauma Center – A nationally verified Level I Trauma Center, we treat over 55,000 patients annually.
- Burn Center – The only adult burn center in the region, treating over 700 patients annually – from life threatening to minor burns.
- Washington Cancer Institute – We offer advanced cancer care in every oncology specialty, including new treatments offered through clinical trials
Opportunities exist for the following highly trained and knowledgeable professionals:
- Anesthesiology Assistants
- Certified Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
As an Advanced Practice Clinician at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, you’ll enjoy such professional advantages as:
- Educational opportunities – You will be able to learn from exceptional colleagues, many of whom are regional and national leaders in their fields. You will also be encouraged and financially supported to attend conferences by leadership to continue our education. Service line conferences are also held on a weekly basis.
- Multidisciplinary approach – Our Advanced Practice Clinicians work closely with other staff as valued members of the total patient care team.
- Career advancement opportunities – We foster an environment where you are encouraged to take on roles of increasing challenge and responsibility.