Oncology Clinical Pharmacist
Job Requisition: 27189
Department: Ambu-Cancer Inst-Pharmacy
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day / Evening / Night Shift with rotating weekend
Location: Washington, DC
Posted Date: February 3, 2020
At MedStar Washington Hospital Center all members of our team share a single focus – providing world-class care at every moment. Here, you’ll be part of our mutual commitment toward better outcomes for all of our patients. Because each decision you make matters to us all.
This is your opportunity to make each moment count, every single day. This is your time to launch a career with MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
- BCOP preferred.
- At least one year of hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
- Completion of PGY2 training in oncology or critical care preferred.
General Summary of Position:
- Provides pharmaceutical care to assigned patients under the general supervision of a more senior clinical pharmacist/manager.
- Participates autonomously in clinical rounds and routine monitoring of the drug therapy of assigned patients.
- If assigned to the Physician Office Building (POB) Pharmacy, monitors new prescription and current drug therapy of patients and adjudication of prescription benefits insurance.
- May provide in-service/educational presentations to pharmacists, prescribers, and nursing and support personnel.
A Pharm D. with a residency in pharmacy from an accredited college of pharmacy is required. A specialty residency may be substituted for the required minimum of one year experience.
Approximately one to two years of progressively more responsible job related experience in the delivery of clinical services.
Licensure as a Pharmacist in the District of Columbia or eligibility for reciprocity is required.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.