Administrative Director EP Lab (Regional) – Nursing
Job Requisition: 1574
Department: Cardiac-Arrhythmia Ctr
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Washington, DC
Posted Date: May 15, 2018
At MedStar Washington Hospital Center all members of our team share a single focus – providing world-class care at every moment. Here, you’ll be part of our mutual commitment toward better outcomes for all of our patients. Because each decision you make matters to us all.
This is your opportunity to make each moment count, every single day. This is your time to launch a career with MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
The MWHC EP lab features one of the largest, best equipped, and most sophisticated cardiac EP laboratories in North America today, enabling comprehensive management of even the most complex cardiac arrhythmias. The MWHC EP lab performs over 5000 procedures each year and has 13 regional outpatient clinic sites.
The program is a national leader in performing cryoablation procedures for atrial fibrillation and is also the mid-Atlantic’s most experienced facility with the WATCHMAN™ Device, the first FDA-approved left atrial appendage occlusion device for patients with atrial fibrillation. MHVI’s EP program spans the spectrum of arrhythmia management in disease states, complexity and even geography.
General Summary of Position:
Administrative Director reports to the Vice President MHVI and Assistant Vice President MHVI and has accountability for managing resources, (human, material and financial), to ensure quality, cost-effective delivery of services for specific patient populations. Recognized as a professional role model and promotes an environment that supports the goals, mission, vision, philosophy and values of the Division of Nursing and of Washington Hospital Center.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Medical Director of the MHVI Section of EP and senior leadership team, the Administrative Director will provide global oversight and direction for EP Laboratory operations primarily at MWHC and secondarily at MGUH and MSMH. The Director will provide global oversight and direction for outpatient nursing operations at the MHVI EP outpatient clinical sites
- In collaboration with the Medical Director of the MHVI Section of EP and senior leadership team, the Administrative Director will assist in strategic planning for the Section, particularly as it continues to establish itself in more communities throughout the region and achieve the overarching objective of population management for the full spectrum of cardiac EP services.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing is required. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or directly related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of 18 months of management and leadership experience with knowledge of nursing theory, practice and administration, data management and analysis, budget, staff development, and progressive discipline in order to supervise planning and implementation of care. Experience in interventional cardiology/EP required.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia is required. Specialty certification is recommended; or the Nursing Director should set a professional goal to become certified within one year of employment in either his/her clinical specialty or in Nursing Administration.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.