Senior Medical Technologist
Job Requisition: 8392
Department: Clin Lab-Bacteriology
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day / Evening Shift with rotating weekend
Location: Washington, DC
Posted Date: September 19, 2018
At MedStar Washington Hospital Center all members of our team share a single focus – providing world-class care at every moment. Here, you’ll be part of our mutual commitment toward better outcomes for all of our patients. Because each decision you make matters to us all.
This is your opportunity to make each moment count, every single day. This is your time to launch a career with MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
- Serves as resource technologist and performs routine and specialized assays and provides technical advice and information in one or more of several clinical laboratory scientific specialties to provide data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Analyzes body fluids, cells and products to identify abnormal and critical disorders associated with disease processes.
- Serves as a knowledge expert and technical
One to two years of progressively more responsible clinical laboratory experience for Bachelor’s degree holders. One year of clinical laboratory experience is sufficient for applicants with a M.D degree, or Master’s or PhD degree.
- Approximately three to six months to gain familiarity with the Hospital environment, department routines and procedures, and the full range of job duties.
- ASCP certification is required for Bachelor’s degree holders.
- However, the ASCP certification requirement is waived for applicants with a M.D degree, or with a Master’s or PhD degree.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.